Building Effective Teams is designed to provide attendees with an idea and some tools of what it takes to build an effective start-up team. Delegates will have the chance to engage with industry experts on the technical aspects as well as those who have built and managed teams in their own start-ups.
Monday 26th March 2018, 2.00pm – 5.30pm
Imperial White City Incubator
The module is preceded by a networking lunch from 1.00pm – 2.00pm.
- Learn about the various legal requirements in hiring the first team members;
- Get a better understanding of the incentives available to founding team members (equity vs. salary);
- Listen to examples of how other entrepreneurs have built and managed teams;
- Understand what may change when the team begins to grow;
- Learn what it takes to build a strong, innovative culture.
- Cost of participation
- Contracts, option agreements, incentive schemes;
- Initial team hiring and management;
- Building a culture;
- Growing a team to scale;
- Contingency planning and pitfalls.
There will be a variety of guest speakers and presentations from various entrepreneurs and innovation ecosystem experts.
This event is intended for and will prioritise members of the Imperial College London community. If you sign up and cannot show you are a member of staff, a student, an alumni or a research at Imperial we will move your registration to the waiting list.
NOTE: By registering for this event on Eventbrite, you will be simply expressing your interest in attending. We will contact you during the week commening 19th March to confirm your place.
NOTE: By registering for this event, you agree to have your e-mail address added to the Imperial Innovations Events newsletter.
On the same day
On the morning of 26 March 2018 Innovations Academy will also deliver "Introduction to Intellectual Property", to help entrepreneurs understand what Intellectual Property (IP) is and its role in growing a business and how to build an IP portfolio.